'Coming out' is for everyone
National Coming Out Day is the day each year that BLT&GQ (Bisexual, Lesbian, Transgender, Gay and Queer)….this acronym is easier and more fun for me to remember than LBGTQ ;)) citizens celebrate and reflect back on the day they ‘came out.’ And for some it’s the day they actually say out loud for the first time that they are unique.
How freeing and scary is that? Very.
Being your true, authentic self is so very liberating yet when you’re going through it; scary as hell.
How many people can relate? Even if you aren’t a BLT or a GQ, are you living your true authentic self? Have you “Come Out”?
What are your unique beliefs? What are your passions? Are you able to express them openly and honestly? Are you willing to be and show your true self? Willing to be vulnerable and transparent to others?
The majority of our society does what they think they should. People live in fear of what everyone will think, live to appease their families, and stay in jobs or relationships because that’s what they think they ‘should’ do.
Stop shoulding on yourself and giving so much energy to everyone else!
Being authentic means having the guts to make and stand by unpopular decisions. It means living from your heart and what feels right for you.
ARE YOU LIVING AN AUTHENTIC LIFE? IF YOU ANSWER YES TO ANY OF THESE NINE QUESTIONS YOU PROBABLY AREN’T.
1. Do you play small around other people and allow them to make rules that don’t feel right for you?
2. Are you pressured to live a certain way? Is status quo bringing you status whoa?
3. Do you have dreams for yourself but continually talk yourself out of them? Or do others talk you out of them?
4. Do you feel constricted and stressed?
5. Are you uninspired? Bored? Short tempered? Unhappy?
6. Do you often feel out of sorts with what you’re doing or who you’re with?
7. Does it turn your stomach to go to your job? Come home from work?
8. Do you live life half awake? Are you ‘just OK?’
9. Are you so busy doing for others that your passions and joys seem like a distant memory?
I created a free e-course and that’s the best thing I can think to offer you today if you’re ready to come out. The Gutsy Guide to Your Authentic Freedom gives you powerful tools and insight to move you forward. Go ahead and download it. It’s free, valuable, and you can do it at your own pace.
So whatever you call yourself, be it BLT, GQ, OJ, or PB&J, make a stand to COME OUT and allow your true passions and beliefs to shine. Live an amazing life that feels good and authentic to you – the person that matters.
The temporary fear and discomfort is worth the long-term payout and results. I know. I’ve done it. I’m the L in the BLT.
Are you part of my Motivation Monday Tribe?
Hardcore motivation, on the day you need it most? Drop your name and email here if not and let’s start rocking Mondays together!
Get the tool I use every time my current situation feels heavy, stressful, or icky. It works like a champ to quickly turn it around and I am confident it will do that for you too. Get it here.